Submit your stories and essays about your true experiences, memories, or adventures in Whittier, past or present, for a special project of the Whittier Public Library‘s Whittier Reads.
Submissions should be 500 words or less.
Some of these special stories will be read at the library’s April Whittier Reads events and some will be reprinted in a Remembrance Booklet.
The deadline to email your submission is February 29, 2020, 11:59pm Pacific Time.
Your submission gives permission to the Whittier Public Library Foundation to edit, read in public, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute your story. You warrant that you are the sole owner of all the rights to the story and that the story is your original work.
- All stories must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acceptable formats are files in Times New Roman 12 point or as text in an email
- Do not scan your story
- All submissions must be less than 500 words, and become the property of the Whittier Public Library Foundation
- You may enter more than once
- Be sure to type your name (as you want it printed), address, phone, email, and date at the bottom of your story. Only your name will be printed with your story.
A project of Whittier Public Library Foundation’s Whittier Reads. This year, the project features “Dear Los Angeles” – The City in Diaries and Letters 1542-2018 edited by David Kipen.